P-CUT – A quantum leap in mowing and forage quality.
CLAAS has established a new performance category in mowing design,
with the new P-CUT cutterbar. No matter what the working width, this new
generation of cutterbars is consistently found in all our disc mowers, from
the 45' COUGAR, the world's largest mower, to the 8' DISCO 250.
- Absolutely perfect cut thanks to the new contour of the cutterbar.
- Lowered cutting discs for an even, clean cut and optimal crop flow.
- New, long-lasting double bearing for cutting discs.
- All cutting discs safeguarded by SAFETYLINK.
P for perfect cut.
The tunnel effect produced by an indentation on the underside of the cutterbar causes dirt firstly to empty out directly, and secondly, to be thoroughly brushed away from the cutterbar by the stationary stubble. No clumps of dirt are left behind, nor does mowing produce a striped effect – the cut is perfect.
A small recess produces a big effect.
P for power drive.
Smooth running, low-wear power transmission and a long lifecycle thanks to:
- Slow-turning, large-diameter main gearwheels with a consequently large number of rounded gearteeth meshing together for a low level of wear.
- Separate drive for each cutting disc via an upstream pinion which only has to transmit a fraction of the total power.
- 24 mm forged gearwheels in high quality spring steel.
- Gearing is able to absorb significant shocks effectively.
P for patented solution – SAFETYLINK.
With our unique SAFETYLINK safety module also featured on the new P-CUT cutterbar head, safety for both man and machine remains a priority for us.
- Defined shear points on every cutting disc reliably and effectively prevent cutterbar damage in the event of severe impact with an obstruction.
- The satellite pinion gear and the bearing, or even the complete module, can be replaced in no time at all.
- Minimum downtime during harvest.
P for permanent wear resistance.
- Robust cutterbar skids underneath.
- Wear skids optionally available to protect the cutterbar skids when used on sandy or stony ground or during periods of high work rate.
- Extra-hard Hardox inserts welded in at the front between the skids.
- The service life of the leading edge of the hardened leaf springs is extended even further through the additional hard coating of tungsten carbide.
- Scrapers which are positioned lower than the leaf springs and reach as far as the bearing flange protect the leaf springs along their entire length.
- Extra-depth mowing bar for added protection of the bar and cutting discs.
P for practical – Quick knife change.
With the Quick knife changing system, CLAAS provides an effective combination of sophisticated technology and convenient handling. Easy knife change: the fixing lever is placed around the blade bolt, the leaf spring pushed downward and the old blade swapped for a new one. The blade can only be changed if the blade attachment is directly above the cavity. This prevents the blade from coming free by mistake. The leaf spring pushes the blade bolt from below firmly into the disc. A 7 mm overlap and the mushroom-shape of the blade bolt keep the blade firmly in place, even in the toughest of conditions.